ONTARIO GOES CAP-LESS
Feb 24, 2022
Yes, you read it right. The new PNP draw for Ontario under the Human Capital stream on 22nd February 2022 invited candidates with the CRS of 455 and above.
Unlike any previous draws, where there was always a cap for CRS, in this draw the Cap was removed. This draw also saw a drop in the scores from 463 to 455, which is a good sign.
773 Express entry candidates working under the targeted occupations were invited to apply further for the province nomination. Now they will have 45 days to file their application. Occupations under which the occupations were nominated are:
• NOC 0114 – Other administrative services managers
• NOC 0122 – Banking, credit and other investment managers
• NOC 0124 – Advertising, marketing and public relations managers
• NOC 0125 – Other business services managers
• NOC 0211 – Engineering managers
• NOC 0311 – Managers in health care
• NOC 0601 – Corporate sales managers
• NOC 0631 – Restaurant and food service managers
• NOC 0711 – Construction managers
• NOC 0731 – Managers in transportation
• NOC 0911 – Manufacturing managers
• NOC 1121 – Human resources professionals
• NOC 1122 – Professional occupations in business management consulting
• NOC 2161 – Mathematicians, statisticians and actuaries
• NOC 3012 – Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses
• NOC 3211 – Medical laboratory technologists
• NOC 3231 – Opticians
• NOC 3233 – Licensed practical nurses
Candidates who had created an Express Entry profile between the dates of February 22, 2021, and April 29, 2021were only invited. To be eligible for the nomination, candidates need at least one year of work experience.
The maximum of 600 is the most points Express Entry candidates can get without a provincial nomination. Prior to this draw, candidates whose CRS score was above the maximum range would not be eligible to apply for the nomination.
Express Entry candidates who receive a provincial nomination are effectively guaranteed to get an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for Canadian permanent residence. With a provincial nomination, candidates get 600 Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points added to their base score, which is more than enough to receive an ITA in a subsequent Express Entry draw.
#Dream #Explore #Relocate